Penicillin-Streptomycin 10/10 (100X)
Alert! Effective July 1st, 2019, all sales for this product will be made through Bio-Techne Sales Corporation. All sales documentation, e.g., checks, purchase orders, invoices, etc., will reflect this.
This antibiotic mixture contains penicillin and streptomycin. It is used in cell culture applications to prevent contamination.
Log in to view available discounts.
Have an existing quote? Use Fast Order for expedited checkout.
Penicillin is a beta-lactam antibiotic derived from Penicillium fungi. It interferes with the final stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis, the cross-linking of different peptidoglycan strands. Streptomycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by Streptomyces. It binds to the 30S subunit of the bacterial 70S ribosome and blocks the initiation complex of protein synthesis.
- Spectrum: gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
- Contains 10,000 units/ml penicillin (base) and 10,000 g/ml streptomycin (base) in 0.85% saline, utilizing penicillin G sodium salt and streptomycin sulfate
- Recommended concentration: 50-100 U of Penicillin, 50-100 ug of streptomycin (use 5-10 ml/L)
- Stability at 37°C: 3 days
- Form: Liquid
- Product Size: 100 ml
- Processing: 0.2μm filtered
- Sterility Testing: Pass
- Quality Testing: Pass
- Suitability: Laboratory research applications
- Shipping conditions: On dry ice
- Storage conditions: -5 to -20°C, protected from light