This antibiotic mixture contains penicillin, streptomycin and amphotericin B and is effective against the most common forms of cell culture contamination.
Log in to view available discounts.
Have an existing quote? Use Fast Order for expedited checkout.
Penicillin is a beta-lactam antibiotic derived from Penicillium fungi. It interferes with the final stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis, the cross-linking of different peptidoglycan strands.
Streptomycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic produced by Streptomyces. It binds to the 30S subunit of the bacterial 70S ribosome and blocks the initiation complex of protein synthesis.
Amphotericin B is a polyene antifungal agent originally extracted from Streptomyces. It interferes with the permeability of cell membranes of sensitive fungi and yeasts. Amphotericin B forms a complex with ergosterol and causes leakage of low molecular weight substances from the cells.
- Spectrum: bacteria, fungi and yeasts.
- Contains 10,000 units/ml penicillin (base), 10,000 µg/ml streptomycin (base) and 25 µg/ml amphotericin B in 0.85% saline, utilizing penicillin G sodium salt, streptomycin sulfate and amphotericin B as Fungizone© Antimycotic.
- Recommended concentration: use 10 ml/L
- Stability at 37°C: 3 days
- Form: Liquid
- Product Size: 100 ml
- Processing: 0.2μm filtered
- Sterility Testing: Pass
- Quality Testing: Pass
- Suitability: Laboratory research applications
- Shipping conditions: On dry ice
- Storage conditions: -5 to -20°C, protected from light