Amphotericin B (Fungizone)
Alert! All sales for this product are made through Bio-Techne Sales Corporation. All sales documentation, e.g., checks, purchase orders, invoices, etc., will reflect this.
Amphotericin B is used in cell culture applications to prevent contamination.
Log in to view available discounts.
Have an existing quote? Use Fast Order for expedited checkout.
Amphotericin B is a polyene antifungal agent originally extracted from Streptomyces. Amphotericin B interferes with the permeability of cell membranes of sensitive fungi and yeasts. It forms a complex with ergosterol and causes leakage of low molecular weight substances from the cells.
- Spectrum: fungi and yeasts
- Contains 250 μg/ml amphotericin B in deionized water.
- Also contains sodium deoxycholate and sodium phosphate as a solubilizer.
- Recommended concentration: 0.25-2.5 μg/ml (use 1-10 ml/L)
- Stability at 37°C: 3 days
- Form: Liquid
- Product Size: 20 ml
- Processing: 0.2μm filtered
- Sterility Testing: Pass
- Quality Testing: Pass
- Suitability: Laboratory research applications
- Shipping conditions: On dry ice
- Storage conditions: -5 to -20°C, protected from light